- Gabriola Museum – The Museum is a unique place to provide valuable insight into our ancestors and resources in a fascinating range of subjects. It tells the stories of the people who built and are building this Island and its First Nations legacy. We also celebrate and pre
- Vancouver Island – Gabriola – Known as Petroglyph Island, a nickname acquired because of its wealth of ancient native stone carvings, Gabriola Island is one of the enchanting Gulf Islands of British Columbia. 20 minutes by ferry from Nanaimo brings you to Gabriola.
- Vancouver Island Travel Guide to Gabriola – Gabriola Gabriola Island, “The Isle of the Arts” is about 14 km long by 4.2 km wide with an estimated population of 5000. A vehicle and passenger ferry from Nanaimo to Gabriola Island plys the waters daily with a sailing time of 20 minutes. Boaters can fi
- Nanaimo to Gabriola – Nanaimo is Vancouver Island’s second city, the gateway to mid island. Car ferries are arriving all the time from Horseshoe Bay and Tsawwassen across the water in Vancouver. Though growing fast, Nanaimo’s population is still under 100,000. People are frien
- Travel to Gabriola – Gabriola, the northernmost of the Gulf Islands, is known as the “Queen of the Gulf Islands.” The 14-km (8.7-mi.) long island is a relaxed setting perfect for a holiday. Malaspina Galleries is the showcase of the world famous artist, Mother Nature.
- Eco-Tours on Gabriola – Specialize in custom educational eco-tours of British Columbia including Gabriola Island, for small groups. We speak Mandarin and Taiwanese, as well as English.
- Now on Gabriola – Arts, Entertainment, Dining, Clubs and Pubs, Theatre, plus your favourite artists and musicians. You’ll find it here.
- Visitor Center – Gabriola Chamber of Commerce – Visitor Centre is located at Twin Beaches, along Taylor Bay Road to Berry Point Road. Staffed by friendly volunteers living on Gabriola. The Chamber always welcomes new members.
- Where to Stay on Gabriola – Accommodations on Gabriola are as beautiful and varied as Gabriola itself. No matter why you choose to come to Gabriola – whether for a quiet, ‘do-nothing-but-read-beach comb-and-dream’ holiday; a retreat or spiritual development; a safe fun-filled family
- Gabriola Bed & Breakfast Association – Gabriola Island’s 10 member Bed and Breakfast Association is a comprehensive list of some of the best Bed and Breakfast Accommodations on Gabriola Island, B.C.
Birds & Wildlife on Gabriola
- Gabriola Bird Blog – Here’s a nifty, home grown site about our birds on Gabriola.
- Wild Bird Trust of British Columbia – Wild Bird Trust is dedicated to the protection of birds and their habitats, on the principle that all wildlife must benefit. Membership is very reasonable. Wingspan magazine keeps you right up to date.
- Bird Studies Canada – Bird Count on Gabriola is just after Christmas annually, so if you’re interested, give me a call at 250-247-9333 or 1-866-528-9333
- Bird Life International – Working together for birds and people.
- Canadian Migration Monitoring Network – Bird Studies Canada is developing standards for data collection, preparing computer software to aid with data entry for migration counts, and developing analysis programs to calculate trends automatically using the data from each station.
- Gabriola School District 68 – School District 68 (Nanaimo-Ladysmith and including Gabriola Island) is located on the east coast of beautiful Vancouver Island, British Columbia, Canada.
- Gabriola Elementary School – Welcome to our school! We are on the Gulf Island of Gabriola, situated in the Strait of Georgia, just west of Vancouver, off the coast of British Columbia, Canada. To reach our island home one travels on a ferry for twenty minutes from the city of Nanaimo
- Gabriola PAC – Welcome to Gabriola’s Parent Advisory Councils new website. We welcome parent involvement at Gabriola Elementary School, PAC is a way for parents to support their children and their school. PAC provides an avenue for parents to advise the school on any
- Vancouver Island Regional Library – The Vancouver Island Regional Library (VIRL) is the third largest library system in British Columbia. It serves more than 400,000 people on Vancouver Island, Haida Gwaii and the Central Coast (Bella Coola) through 38 branch libraries and a books by mail s
- Canadian Climate Normals – Gabriola Island – The minimum number of years used to calculate these Normals is indicated by a code for each element. A “+” beside an extreme date indicates that this date is the first occurrence of the extreme value. Values and dates in bold indicate all-time extremes f
- Dodd Narrows Currents
- Gabriola Passage Currents
- Entrance Island Current Conditions
- Environment Canada Weather Office
- Environment Canada Weather Radar Victoria
- Strait of Georgia North of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia South of Nanaimo
- Weather Network Gabriola
- Tide Guide Silva Bay
- ECOBC – Friends of Gabriola – To protect the natural environment of Gabriola Island.
- Rainwater Harvesting – Rainwater systems publications, projects and photos
- MB Laboratories Ltd – Is your Well Water safe to drink? Be safe, test annually.
- Gabriola Islands Trust – The Islands Trust’s mandate is to preserve and protect the area and its environment for the benefit of residents and the province.
- Gabriola Volunteer Fire Department
- Gabriola Wildfire Protection Plan – The wildland urban interface (WUI, or interface) zone is commonly described as the area where homes, farms, commercial establishments, key infrastructure, industrial installations, recreational developments, and associated human activities are situated
- Regional District of Nanaimo – What you’ll find here and how we on Gabriola interface with the RDN: Administration, Finance, Parks & Recreation, Environmental, Development and Transportation. Garbage and Recyling for Gabriola is on the home page.
- BC Assessment – Understanding your Property Assessment Notice, and more.
- Garbage & Recyling Schedule – North Side Gabriola
- Garbage & Recyling Schedule – South Side Gabriola
- Province of British Columbia Legislative Assembly – Leonard Krog was elected as the MLA for Nanaimo on May 17, 2005.
- NDP Caucus
- Member of Parliament – Jean Crowder – NDP Nanaimo – Cowichan
- Jean Crowder Constituency Office
- RCMP – Gabriola
- Citizenship & Immigration Canada – Since 1869, Canada’s immigration programs have helped build a community of citizens respected around the world.
- Islands Trust Fund – The Islands Trust Fund preserves and protects land in the Islands Trust Area, a coastal region of British Columbia that is renowned and cherished for its stunning physical beauty, significant biodiversity, gentle climate, and unique scenic, rural, and mar
- Gabriola Health Care Society – 2010 – Year of the Clinic
- Nanaimo & District Hospital Foundation – Support healthcare excellence in our community – make us your place to give
- Vancouver Island Health Authority – The Vancouver Island Health Authority (VIHA) provides health care to people on Vancouver Island, on the islands of the Georgia Strait, and in the mainland communities between Powell River and Rivers Inlet.
- Aviva Community Fund – Gabriola Island, British Columbia is in need of a permanent emergency medical treatment facility. Our resident population of approximately 5,000 people, can swell to double that with summer residents.
- Gabriola Ambulance Society – Three main benefits offered to members – equipment loans and reimbursements for ambulance user fees and home assistance as well as scholarships, and all for a membership fee of $35/year.
- Immigration to Canada – Immigrating to Canada permanently is an exciting opportunity. However, there are several things you should consider before you apply to be a permanent resident. If you want to immigrate to Canada, there are a few different ways to apply. You will need t
Marinas on Gabriola
- Pages Resort and Marina at Silva Bay – Visit Page’s Resort and Marina on beautiful Gabriola Island and you will be welcomed by secluded, fully equipped seaside cottages, a pristine campground surrounded by forests and offering ocean views, a full service marina providing quiet nightly moorage,
- Silva Bay Resort and Marina – Silva Bay Resort & Marina nightly, winter, and transient moorage. Catering and parties. Live music. Special events. We’re located on Gabriola Island, in the Gulf Islands near Vancouver Island, south of Nanaimo and north of Ladysmith.
- The Flying Shingle – The Voice of Gabriola since 1972. Your island. Your paper. Published weekly.
- Gabriola Sounder – Weekly community newspaper
- Gabriola Island Local Bargains – Welcome to the Local Bargains Group for Gabriola Island, BC, Canada, where it’s free to list, browse and find treasures at bargain prices. Think of us as Gabriola’s free classifieds or recycling GIRO Store on the Web.
- Gabriola Co-op Radio – Gabriola Radio Co-operative operates as a volunteer organization with a growing membership consisting of Gabriola residents and visitors. We hold regular public meetings (Thursday at 3:30 pm Artworks upstairs) and invite you to share your ideas for Gabrio
- Shale – Historical & Museum Society Journal – SHALE is about the people, history, archaeology, geology, palaeontology, natural history, cartography, and oceanography of the area. The journal may contain articles, brief notes, local stories and myths, letters, reviews, and reports.
- Nanaimo Daily News
- Gabriola Island Chamber of Commerce – You’ll find information here on all our member businesses and not for profit organizations, artisan members, events, things to do, restaurants and pubs, our parks, our trails, markets, beaches, and other places of special interest on Gabriola.
- Gabriola Island Power & Sail Squadron – We are a group of volunteers primarily interested in promoting safe and enjoyable boating by education of the general public through a variety of courses and workshops on subjects pertaining to both power and sail. Our classes and workshops are all locate
- Gabriola Land and Trails Trust – The Gabriola Land and Trails Trust (GaLTT) is a not-for profit charitable society created in 2004 by a group of proactive Gabriola Island residents desiring to secure more park land, protect important ecological features, and develop additional trails on
- Gabriola Island Lions Club – As Gabriola Lions we care about the spirit of Lionism, our community, and our fellow Lions and we adhere to the Lions Clubs International’s fundamental value, “To create and foster a spirit of understanding among all people for humanitarian needs by prov
- Gabriola Rescue of Wildlife Society – Our main role is to rescue and transport injured or sick animals to a veterinarian or one of the wildlife recovery facilities on Vancouver Island and Salt Spring Island.
- Silva Bay Yacht Club – The Silva Bay Yacht Club is here to serve the interest of boating; to stimulate a greater interest in boating; to develop a fraternal spirit among other boating enthusiasts; to provide a medium for the exchange of boating information and to do all other t
- Proud to Support Gabriola Players – Gabriola Players welcomes new members, whether you feel you have acting blood running through your veins, or would simply like to join our wonderful behind-the-scenes crew, we’d be delighted to hear from you!
- Gabriola Arts Council – Representing a broad range of arts, on the Isle of the Arts, Gabriola. Art is the Heart of Gabriola, keep it pumping, and the beat goes on.
- Welcome Wagon on Gabriola – The most famous gift basket in the world! That’s Welcome Wagon, with Elly Hallam at the pivotal point here on Gabriola Island. New to Gabriola? Please call Elly at 250-247-8792.
- Descanso Bay Regional Park – Camp by the sea at Descanso Bay Regional Park on scenic Gabriola Island. Descanso Bay Regional Park is located at 595 Taylor Bay Road, only a short distance from the ferry terminal. The Regional Park offers 32 camping sites on a beautiful 40-acre oceanfro
- Drumbeg Provincial Park – One of three provincial parks on Gabriola Island, Drumbeg is a favourite spot for diving, hiking, nature viewing and picnicking. Overlooking scenic Gabriola Passage on the east end of the Island, Drumbeg offers excellent views of the Strait of Georgia and
- Gabriola Sands Provincial Park – Picturesque Gabriola Sands, one of three provincial parks on Gabriola Island, features two sandy beaches and large manicured grassy lawns. This small day-use only park is a very popular local destination for swimming, picnicking, organized sporting activi
- Gabriola Museum Petroglyph Park – Over 40 reproductions of some of the petroglyphs on Gabriola Island can be seen here.
- Regional District of Nanaimo Recreation & Parks
- Sandwell Provincial Park – Sandwell Provincial Park, with its long sandy beach and views of the Strait of Georgia, is a favourite destination for residents and visitors to Gabriola Island. One of three provincial parks on Gabriola Island, Sandwell offers a short walking trail throu
- Parks Canada – 125 years of national parks in Canada – Come celebrate!
- 707 Community Park – The Regional District of Nanaimo has started to develop a management plan for Gabriola Island’s 707 Acre Community Park. The park is situated along the northern central spine of Gabriola Island and includes the island’s highest point of land.
Seniors on Gabriola
- Elderlink – Welcome to Elderlink.ca – the only website dedicated to helping you find the products, information and services you need for your ageing parents – right in your area.
- Gabriola Seniors – Connect with others. People for a Healthy Community, PHC Circle of Care.
- Aging With Dignity – Five Wishes. The corner stones of planning.
- Gabriola Commons – The Gabriola Commons is a grassroots community organization, managed by volunteers, that exists to nourish the social fabric of the community; to ensure the ecological sustainability of the land and assets; to remain in perpetuity as a public trust for fu
- Gabriola Emergency Social Services – Gabriola Emergency Social Services (GESS) is part of the provincial Emergency Social Services program which provides short-term assistance to British Columbians who are forced to leave their homes because of fire, floods, earthquakes or other emergencies
- The Hope Centre – The heart of The HOPE Centre is prevention and education. Through prevention we encourage individuals and families to make healthy choices for themselves. We create an environment that promotes healthy behaviours and positive lifestyles. Through education
- People for a Healthy Community – PHC works to support the health and well being of our community: children, families and individuals; offering a Food Bank, Soup Socials, Employment Counselling, Housing Support, Citizen Advocate Consulting and Community Gardens.
- Supporting Employment Transitions – A wealth of employment resources ranging from Job Postings, Career Assessments, Labour Market Information
- BC Ferries Schedule Gabriola Island – Nanaimo Hbr
- Gabriola Island Ferry Cam – This ferry webcam has been made available to the community through the voluntary efforts of “The Lunch Bunch”, a small group of retired local residents who meet for lunch once a month, and wanted to give something back to Gabriola and the community.
- British Columbia Ferry Commission – Welcome to the British Columbia Ferry Commission web site. Established under the province’s Coastal Ferry Act of 2003, the Commission regulates fares and service levels of the ferry operator British Columbia Ferry Services Inc. (BC Ferries) on 25 saltwate
- BC Ferries Advisory Committee – BC Ferries has been engaged in public consultation with ferry dependent communities since 1993. The objective is to share information between BC Ferries’ management and representatives of local communities on the day-to-day operations of specific routes,
- Gabriola Transportation Association – Considerable interest has been expressed by many Gabriolans for a bus service as well as a ride share program. GTA plans to establish committees to deal with these initiatives.
- Harbour Air Seaplanes
- Seair Seaplanes
- Tofino Air
- Westcoast Air
- Walk + Bike Matters – Active transportation newsletter